2. We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. If we do so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
3. The Site allows teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals involved in education to chat to each other, and to upload and share content all relating to physical education (User Content).
4. You warrant that all information that you provide to us on registration is accurate and complete and you shall promptly make any necessary changes to that information within your account on the Site.
5. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your login details. You must not allow any third party to access the Site through your login details. Please take precautions to protect your login details and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe there has been any unauthorized use of your log in details. You should exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Clause 5.
6. Access to and use of much of the Site is free. Premium accounts are charged an annual fee of £20 paid in advance by PayPal or debit/credit card. Access to a premium account is instant on receipt of the fee and therefore you have no right to cancel a premium account for the year once the annual fee has been paid.
7. We shall be entitled to increase the fees at any time on notice to you if you hold a premium account. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of the increased fees.
8. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, if you fail to pay a fee by the due date, we shall be entitled to (a) claim costs and interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (as amended) from the due
date for payment accruing on a daily basis, until payment is made; (b) suspend access to the Site; and/or (c) terminate your subscription to ShareLearnTeach without notice.
USE OF THE SITE
9. The Site enables you to create a profile, to chat with other users and to upload and share User Content.
10. The Site must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. Users of the Site may not use any information obtained from the Site to advertise or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent.
11. When you use the Site you must comply with all applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to (a) try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site; (b) use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair our servers or networks or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; and/or (c) save to the extent expressly permitted by law and not capable of exclusion by law, copy, reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site.
12. User Content must comply with all applicable laws and regulations and our Acceptable Use Policy [link].
13. You can share your User Content with other users, or make your User Content private.
14. You grant a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable licence to ShareLearnTeach to reproduce your User Content on the Site.
15. If you have not made your User Content private, then you grant a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable licence to (a) ShareLearnTeach to share with other users your User Content on the Site in accordance with these Terms; and (b) to all users of the Site to use, amend, share and reproduce your User Content for their own purposes.
16. We are not responsible and accept no liability for User Content including any User Content that contains incorrect information. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any User Content without notice and at any time. We do not necessarily endorse any opinion or statement contained in any User Content.
17. The copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images, and all source code and other software is owned by or licensed to ShareLearnTeach (Our Content). All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of Our Content for your own internal business purposes, use but
you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use Our Content without our permission.
18. You acknowledge that Our Content is for information only and does not constitute advice or recommendation. We do not warrant that Our Content complies with any requirements of government, the national curriculum and/or any particular examination board.
Links to third party content
19. The Site may contain links to websites or Sites operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or apps and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or apps or their availability or content.
20. We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not ShareLearnTeach, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER – YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS SECTION
21. Use of the Site, and in particular User Content, is at your own risk. The Site and all User Content is provided on an “as is” basis. Each user acknowledges and agrees that the User Content is provided for information only and does not constitute advice or recommendation by ShareLearnTeach. Each user must determine whether the User Content is fit for purpose, and each user determines at its sole discretion whether or not to use and/or rely on User Content in its professional teaching capacity. To the maximum extent permitted by law (a) ShareLearnTeach disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) under statute or otherwise in relation to the Site including Our Content and User Content; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Site, Our Content and User Content (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, reliability, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose, availability and non-infringement are excluded.
22. ShareLearnTeach will not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Site, for any (a) economic loss including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings; (b) loss of reputation; (c) loss of data including User Content of any user; and/or (d) special or indirect or consequential loss even if advised of the possibility of such losses.
23. If ShareLearnTeach is liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the Site, that liability (howsoever arising) shall be limited to the fees paid by you to ShareLearnTeach in the 12 months before the claim arose. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of ShareLearnTeach for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
24. There may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. You also acknowledge that the Site may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content and interactions with other users may not be secure.
25. We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the Site for any reason, without prior notice and/or to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the Site without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
26. You may terminate your account at any time, provided that we shall not be obliged to refund you any fees paid in advance.
27. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, we may suspend or terminate your account if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms including the Acceptable Use Policy; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; and/or (c) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation.
28. If your account is terminated (a) you must cease to use the Site; (b) you may not re-register under a different name; and (c) you acknowledge that your User Content may be deleted or retained by us after the date your account is deleted at our sole discretion.
29. In these Terms (a) headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation; (b) words in the singular include the plural; and (c) including means including but not limited to.
31. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
32. You consent to receive all communications including notices and other information from ShareLearnTeach electronically. ShareLearnTeach may provide all such communications by email, text or by posting them on the Site.
33. If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute under these Terms or otherwise in relation to the products please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
34. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
LAST UPDATED FEBRUARY 2017