Unit 22 Investigating Business in Sport and the Active leisure Industry

CONNECT AND JOIN US Forums ShareSpace Forum Unit 22 Investigating Business in Sport and the Active leisure Industry

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Wallington 1 month ago.

• Author

Mr Quigley
    Participant

Is anyone currently teaching this Unit and do you have any resources that could be shared?

Thomas Sanderson
    Participant

Hi,

I am starting to plan for this very soon but have no resources to go by, have you had any luck?

Thanks,

Tom

Jo Raw
    Participant

Hi we are starting to deliver this in September did you find anything?

Mr Quigley
    Participant

We just bought the revision guide and used the sample assessments. We did well with students passing so it works!

@Keeping18
    Participant

Hi all,

Currently just about to start teaching unit 22. Has anyone created anything? Happy to trade on other units. I have 2,3,5,6,17 atm

Jo Raw
    Participant

could I have anything you have for unit 6 please, j.raw@ccwhitby.org

Ben Wallington
    Participant

Hi,

I have a full slide presentation to teach the content of the entire unit, as well as a plan to coach the students how to answer the controlled assessment well. My 8 students last year all scored no lower than a M and it was our first time running it – it worked!
    I will post tomorrow.
    In the meantime I am desperate for BTEC level 2 sports injuries and even more desperate for sample assignments for Lv3 Unit 7.
    Help gratefully received

Alice
      Participant

Hi Ben,

Im new to teaching BTEC and would really appreciate having at look at your resources! Especially about how to answer the controlled assessment. I haven’t been given any guidance at all. Thank you!

KBa
    Participant

Hi Ben, I could do with help on the Unit 22 Business and I teach sports injuries level 3 – does that help?

Richard Bucknall
    Participant

Have you posted this yet?

@Keeping18
    Participant

Hi

Did you manage to get any resources for this?
    I have resources for other units that I am willing to trade if you do.
    Thanks for your time

Chris Axon
    Participant

Hi all,

Has anyone got any resources they are willing to share for this unit?

Thanks in advance.

Mr G Davy
    Participant

I have full power points for Unit 22. Has anyone got any sample marked work for Units 4 or 5??

LauraP
    Participant

Mr G Davy – would it be possible to share your powerpoints? first time teaching this unit so anything would be greatly appreciated. many thanks l.saunders@danum.outwood.com

Thomas Sanderson
    Participant

Hi all,

Would appreciate guidance for the preparatory notes for students to take in – examples would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Ben Wallington
    Participant

I started by doing a sample assessment completely in line with the assessment format. So we used the time allocated to create notes, then they sat the exam. I marked them, and as hoped they were quite low scoring.
    Then we went through another sample assessment as a class. Each lesson we worked on creating each page of notes and making it as useful as possible, using their previous page of notes as evidence of progress. This took 4-5 lessons (but I only had a group of 5 students), and the biggest thing to focus on is links to the sport and leisure industry (that is where all the marks are) so ensure that each page of the notes has relevant research attached to it. Also, make the notes handwritten as the pupils can fit more onto the sheets.
    After that was complete we sat the first exam again, under all the same conditions, and the results were hugely improved from the first attempt.
    After this we spent time marking each others work, looking for opportunities to add marks, we marked exemplar papers found on-line.
    This year I will be following the procedure above except now I have one more exam to be able to use for practice, so we will do that and peer assess content.
    I hope that all makes sense, apologies if it does not but I am writing in a rush.
    Best of luck.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.