Btec Sport Level 3 Unit 2

CONNECT AND JOIN US Forums ShareSpace Forum Btec Sport Level 3 Unit 2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah McGahan 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Angela Huey
    Participant

Hi folks, I am delivering BTEC Level 3 Unit 2 for the first time this year. I am looking for exam preparation help. How to guide pupils in creating their ‘A4 exam pages’ to take into exam and help constructing answers for each question. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I have accessed Pearsons materials online, marking grid is very limited in its usefulness! Thanks

Thomas Sanderson
    Participant

Hi,

I found examples for a few pounds on TES (or the same on Google images). For the notes, my students didn’t use them well enough, now I have looked at their papers. Each pge can be linked to a question.
    Page 1- Q1 /2
    Page 2 – Q3
    Page 3 – Q4/5
    Page 4 – Q6

Top tip would be to practice, practice, practice using past assessments and the examiners report / SAM material.

Hope this helps.

Angela Huey
      Participant

many thanks

Angela Huey
      Participant

Hi folks,

thanks for all your help so far, some really useful pieces of work that will help me and my pupils.

I was also wondering would anyone have a copy / sample of the materials that 1 of your pupils took into one of the official Unit 2 papers – the A4 x 4 sides material. Again there is nothing from Pearsons to help guide my 1st time pupils through and don’t want to sell them short.

Many thanks
      Angie

Curt Baggott
    Participant

Hi,

I have a word document with 6 large text boxes on it, and each box will have question 1-6 in them. Start by getting the students to group the relevant learning aim criteria to the relevant question, using the specification and the examiner reports. Once students are aware of the information that should/could be included for each question, it is down to them to produce their own ‘exam pages’. It comes down to their preferred method, but I tend to suggest using various boxes and sub heading as a minimum to divide the work up. I would also suggest they use the full amount of pages so that their notes aren’t all crammed onto one or two sides.

Hope this helps.

Angela Huey
      Participant

Hi folks,

thanks for all your help so far, some really useful pieces of work that will help me and my pupils.

I was also wondering would anyone have a copy / sample of the materials that 1 of your pupils took into one of the official Unit 2 papers – the A4 x 4 sides material. Again there is nothing from Pearsons to help guide my 1st time pupils through and don’t want to sell them short.

Many thanks
      Angie

Hi,

Here is a document that you may find useful…it was compiled by a Pearson Examiner of U2.

http://www.vesystems.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/VESControlledAssessmentGuidance.pdf

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Dene

Angela Huey
      Participant

Thanks, yes good info on this to help.

Carl Longmore
    Participant

The marking grid is pretty poor to be honest. If you send me your email address I can share some of our learners exam scripts from the summer. Our Year 12s sat Paper 2 in the summer and we have examples of merit and distinction. clongmore@tuxford-ac.org.uk

Sarah McGahan
      Participant

Hi, I am teaching this for the first time as well this year. Would you mind sharing some scripts as well please? Really struggling with knowing what’s expected!
      Thanks in advance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.